Join us as we look back at the exciting events, recognitions, announcements and more that shaped 2016 at The Cliffs…
We started the New Year off with a bang! GOLF Magazine recognized The Cliffs as one of North America’s 25 Best Golf Communities, citing Cliffs members’ access to seven spectacular golf courses, an extraordinary collection of luxury amenities and more.
In February, we were thrilled to be named the Happiest Community in America by Real Estate Scorecard, the industry leader in online real estate reviews.
Ten members of The Cliffs — accompanied by Mountain Park Head Golf Pro Mike Williams — also enjoyed the trip of a lifetime to South Africa this February, golfing at some of the world’s most renowned courses, even seeing the “Big 5” on safari.
The Cliffs is proud to be home to not only an amazing family of members, but also an astounding team of professionals passionate about their craft. We weren’t surprised to see Edwin Bloodworth, Sous Chef at The Cliffs at Walnut Cove, named to FSR Magazine’s list of culinary Rising Stars.
April brought the inaugural Clemson Invitational men’s collegiate golf tournament to The Cliffs at Keowee Falls. The Clemson Tigers won the tournament by 11 shots and plan to return for the second annual tournament in 2017!
Part of what makes living at The Cliffs so unique is our warm, welcoming, and generous members. Over Memorial Day weekend, residents and members hosted a tournament at The Cliffs Valley benefitting Upstate Warrior Solution, and raised more than $62,000 for this local organization, which aides Upstate veterans.
This June, we were thrilled to release more than 30 premier homesites at The Landing, an exclusive addition of more than 600 acres at The Cliffs at Keowee Springs. New home construction is expected to begin in early 2017 at The Landing.
The Cliffs at Walnut Cove was honored to again play host to the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Academy, an exciting event that brought girls ages 6-13 from around the country — and special guest, Hall of Fame golfer Nancy Lopez — to Walnut Cove for three life-changing days of golf instruction, skill-building, socialization and more.
In August, LPGA Tour Player Austin Ernst brought her annual Charity Pro-Am benefitting local domestic violence organization Safe Harbor to The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards,along with several of her friends and fellow Tour players.
September again brought The Cliffs Wine & Food Festival, a spectacular ten-day celebration of glorious wine and delectable culinary creations. Vintners, importers and connoisseurs from around the world joined us at The Cliffs for more than a dozen mouthwatering events.
Another spectacular achievement by our culinary teams, in October The Cliffs unveiled its chapter of the international gastronomic society Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs.
For the fifth consecutive year, The Cliffs’ courses were named among the very best in the US by Golfweek.
Just this month, we revealed exciting plans to develop the Village at Mountain Park — a mix of residential, commercial, retail, medical and office space to complement The Cliffs at Mountain Park, as well as serve the greater public of northern Greenville County, including Travelers Rest and surrounding neighborhoods — which will break ground in early 2017!
A look ahead…
2017 is already shaping up to be a fabulous year. We’re looking forward to:
- Opening the Mountain Park Wellness Center — also located in the Village — in early 2017. The Mountain Park Wellness Center will house state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including the innovative Funxtion fitness system (the first of its kind in the country!).
- Converting greens on The Cliffs Valley course to Champion Bermuda grass. This 15-week project is a part of The Cliffs’ commitment to providing the highest quality of incredible experiences to our golfers.
- The Cliffs Wine & Food Festival making its return in September. Our food and beverage team is already working to make this year’s festival a smashing celebration!
- The opening of the Somerset community in The Cliffs at Walnut Cove, an enclave of exclusive homesites on the tenth hole of the spectacular Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
- And much more! Stay tuned for more exciting events and announcements in 2017.